Getting Started: Why Work With P&P Law
Before Hiring a Business Lawyer Understand the Difference
Many business lawyers take a “one-size fits all“ approach with their clients; they do this so they can work with as many people as possible in a short period of time. One problem is you receive an impersonal experience; but even worse than that, this type of planning can lead to unintended results in the long run for your business.
When lawyers do not take the time to inquire, listen, understand and truly consider your businesses individual circumstances, the result is that your business documents and model does not end up reflecting what’s very best for the structure and ultimately growth of your business.
So even though you may pay less up front to get a standard set of documents or corporate set up, you lose money in the long run.
P&P Law is right for you if you want a trusted advisor to turn to for the life of business,
- to help you with ensuring you have the right business model in place and can navigate to a new one, if you don’t,
- to help you with getting the right agreements in place with vendors, team members, investors, partners and others,
- to help you explore potential opportunities,
- to evaluate insurance buying decisions, asset protection planning choices, and tax saving strategies,
- to keep you out of trouble and respond when you get close to the edge. If that’s what you want, we just might be the right law practice for you.
Here are some of the ways we are different from most traditional business planning lawyers:
1. All of our fees are fixed fees agreed to in advance, so there are no surprises. At our initial meeting you will choose the level of planning and fee that works best for your business, so there will never be any surprises.
2. We are proactive advisors who check in with you and your business on a regular basis so we can put our legal minds to work to help you grow your business, helping you take the best-calculated risks so you can receive the biggest rewards. We don’t just prepare a set of legal documents for you and send you on your way until something happens.
3. We meet with you at least quarterly via our Business Growth Membership program. We foster a lifetime, ongoing relationship with our clients so we can guide you through all of your business’ stages – preparing your business for succession or sale and always focused on helping you get to the next level. Throughout the life of your business, things change. You change; your assets change; your business changes; the law will definitely change. We are here to help you navigate those changes.
4. We have a whole team in place to answer your quick questions and to make the legal process incredibly easy and painless for you and your business. You never have to worry about unreturned phone calls or endless games of phone tag.
5. We help you get your legal and financial house in order by helping you make smart choices about things like buying insurance, selling your business, retirement planning so you never spend more than you have to or get taken advantage of by unscrupulous sales people who see your business as a cash cow for them.
6. Legacy Planning. We believe that your business is here to last and we want to help make sure that’s the case. Your work is meaningful and we will work with you to keep it that way.
Get started with a LIFT Foundation Audit.